Saturday, October 9, 2010
Crimper Poinsettia Christmas Card
2. Adhere a 5.5" x 5.5" piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock to the card base using Snail adhesive.
3. Cut a 5.25" x 5.25" piece of Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper with all 4 corners punched with a ticket punch was adhere it to the Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
4. Stamp Seasons Greetings from the Snow Swirled set using Cherry Cobbler ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock, cut out and then mat with Always Artichoke cardstock with an 1/8" mat. The greeting is adhered to the upper right corner of the Jolly Holiday DSP using Snail adhesive.
To make the poinsettia:
5. Cut 4 - 2" x 2" squares of Riding Hood Red Cardstock, score down the middle of each square at 1", fold in half
6. Cut 4 - 2" x 4" rectangles of Riding Hood Red Cardstock, score in half lengthwise at 1", fold in half
7. Cut 3 - 2" x 4" rectangles of Always Artichoke, fold in half
8. Load all of your folded squares and rectangles at an angle into your paper crimper and crimp [one at a time!].
9. Keeping the crimped pieces folded, keep fold line to the left, ensure the crimps are pointed upward. Just like in Kindergarten cut a shape of 1/2 a heart except for keeping the bottom flat instead of mounded, this is more like a 1/2 a raindrop than a heart. Do this to all folded pieces.
10. Open up the folds on each of the red petals. Ink them with a sponge dauber around the edges and over the creases of the crimps with Cherry Cobbler ink. Shape each petal as desired by running a bone folder on the back side to give it a slight curve.
11. Open the Always Artichoke leaves, ink them in the same way you did the petals using a Sponge Dauber and Chocolate Chip ink.
12. Arrange Red petals as desired onto a small piece of scrap paper. Once you have your desired look, adhere the petals to the scrap piece of paper using Glue Dots.
13. Arrange leaves underneath the petals as desired and adhere them with Glue Dots.
14. Stamp a small pattern stamp using More Mustard onto a scrap piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock (I used the dots square in the Playful Pieces level 3 hostess set)
15. Punch 3 of a desired flower shape from the stamped pattern using Boho Blossoms punch.
16. Using a Crop-A-Dile, punch a hole in the center of each yellow flower, add a red brad from the Regals collection.
17. Arrange yellow flowers in the center of the poinsettia, adhere with Glue Dots
18. Adhere poinsettia to the card using Glue Dots.
Supplies used are all from Stampin' Up! - Order online 24x7 from my online store and have the products delivered to your doorstep! - or contact me and we can setup a workshop where I can demonstrate any of the techniques shown on the projects on this blog :)
Cardstock - Very Vanilla (#101650), Daffodil Delight (from Brights collection #119706), Cherry Cobbler, Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke (last 3 all from Regals collection #119705)
Designer Series Paper - Jolly Holiday (#117159)
Stamps - Playful Pieces (level 3 hostess set #120145), Snow Swirled (#111690)
Ink - Cherry Cobbler (#119669), More Mustard (#103162), Chocolate Chip (#100908)
Paper Crimper (#101618)
Ticket Corner Punch (#119867)
Boho Blossoms Punch (#119858)
Red brads from the Regals Collection (#119737)