Thursday, January 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Card with a Tri-Color Green

I wanted to try the baby wipe technique. I wanted a darker green color, mid-green color and a light green color. It ended up being a little too subtle for my liking but I thought I'd post it here anyway. The next time I will probably go all out bright contrasting colors, like vivid blues, pinks and purples.

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Create card base out of Pear Pizazz cardstock
  2. Cut a mat out of Whisper White cardstock at 4" x 5 1/4"
  3. Cut a mat out of Pear Pizazz cardstock at 3 3/4" x 5"
  4. Cut a panel of Whisper White cardstock for stamping at 3 5/8" x 4 7/8"
  5. Prepare the baby wipe technique by adding a couple baby wipes, stacked and folded onto a plate, have your re-inkers and stamp ready. In this case I am using Garden Green, Wild Wasabi and Pear Pizazz ink with a stamp from the flowering flourishes set.
  6. Create an impression of the stamp by pressing down on it on the baby wipe, this will give you an idea as to where to place the ink.
  7. Start by adding drops of the darkest reinker to the bottom of the stamped impression.
  8. Continue adding drops with your mid-tone reinker.
  9. Next add drops of the lightest reinker, and fill in any spaces with the lightest reinker (I accidentally filled in with my midtone here, but I would think the effect would be nicer filling in with the lightest reinker)

  10. Now you can use the baby wipe as an ink pad.
  11. Stamp the flourish on your Whisper White cardstock panel
  12. Stamp your sentiment using Pear Pizazz ink. The sentiment I used is from the Simply Sketched hostess set.
  13. Assemble the mats and your stamped panel, add Pearls
  14. Add rhinestones for a finishing touch and you're done!

MATERIALS

All of these materials are available via my Stampin' Up! online store.
  • Pear Pizazz cardstock (131201)
  • Whisper White cardstock (100730)
  • Pear Pizazz ink pad (131180)
  • Pear Pizazz reinker (131160)
  • Wild Wasabi reinker (109020)
  • Garden Green reinker (102059)
  • Flowering Flourishes Stamp Set (w.131998,c.126367)
  • Simply Sketched Stamp Set (w.129669,c.129672) *hostess
  • Pearls (119247)
  • Rhinestones (119246)

No comments:

Post a Comment